Every year on April 22nd, people celebrate and honor Earth Day through neighborhood clean-ups, community festivals, and projects to educate the public about the need to reduce our carbon footprint. Veterans For Peace has honored Earth Day by discussing how militarism impacts the environment. We hope to spread the message about the environmental costs of war, a topic that isn’t often discussed when leaders debate climate change and enact environmental policies. Instead of working for a cleaner, cooler future, our tax dollars are being spent on human death and environmental destruction.
- Tune into our webinar: Averting Climate Catastrophe: No New Arms Race! April 22, 2022 at 7 pm EDT/4 pm PDT
- Read VFP’s Statement on Environmental Costs of War
- Schedule a presentation on Climate and Militarism for your local group!
- NEW! Download the updated VFP’s Environmental Costs of War handout
- Distribute our half-page flyer that links to the above PDF!