Mike McDonald VFP ch 27 meeting 8-14-22
Attendees – Dave Logsdon, Arlys Harem, Ron Staff, Steve Gates, Ken Shain, SueAnn Martinson, Vern Hall, Jim Brown
Zoomers – Penny Gardner, Craig Wood, Mary McNellis, Tom Chisholm, Barry Riesch, Josh Farris, Tom Larson, Phone – Beth Blix
- Health updates – Dick Foley remains at the nursing home
- July minutes – motion to approve Ron, 2nd Sue Ann, motion approved.
- Treasurers report – starting balance $19,910 additions 380, subtractions $1,896 = $18,394 Nielsen acct. $2,928. Motion to approve Ron, 2nd Sue Ann, motion passed
- Direct Actions – Open Streets Aug 13 – 500 buttons, 750? Stickers, many pamphlets distributed, many conversations on Lake Street.
- Wisconsin trip to Laser Ops Command near Baraboo (drone training center)
- Roger Waters concert – Hundreds of newsletters distributed – thanks to all who helped
- Josh Farris attended Rage Against the Machine concert in D.C. – rally for climate justice and against perpetual war – 7 arrests at Capitol.
- Newsletter – Aug 19 proofing
- SOVA – update coming soon – watch for workshop at the national convention
- Communications – 300+ hits – prepping for adding comments to FB
- Membership – good responses at Open Streets, calls and emails underway
- Climate – Kickoff in D.C. ‘Stop the wars, Stop the Warming’ – slide presentation available Watch for plenary at convention
- Finance – $1,000 for Water’s concerts, $125 to Mendota powwow (sept. 9-11)
- Education – Ken Shain – working with Gamers for Peace and Mpls high schools to help build a framework for peaceful games. We need young veteran gamers!
- Golden Rule – coordinating calendars with ‘Campaign For Non-Violence’. Thanks to all helping to coordinate upcoming events.
- National – Convention registration open, Rev. Barber keynote speaker Motion to adjourn at 7:59 Mike, 2nd Ron, motion passed Respectfully submitted by Golden Rule crew member, Mike McDonald